Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sour Cream Cookies with Clementine frosting

My X loved sour cream cookies, he probably still does. Well every time I would make some I would get this:

"Yes, they're good but not like my mothers"

Is there anything a girl hates more than; "Not like my mother!"
Well X, eat your heart out because you're not getting any of these.

Introducing the most delicious, scumptious, light and fluffy Sour Cream Cookies with a touch of Cardamom glazed with Clementine frosting you are ever going to taste. (My changes appear in red)
**Update at the bottom







Ingredients

6 tbsp of butter, at room temperature (I used Becel margarine)
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt (I forgot)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp or Cardamom
1/4 tsp baking soda (I put 1/2 tsp) 

Preheat oven 350F.
You should get between 20 to 24 cookies.

In a bowl combine butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy, 2 min. (I did the full 2 min, this does miracles)
Add the egg and sour cream, and beat until combined, 1 min.

Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom and mix with a spoon until no flour is left.
Using a soup spoon, scoop a spoonful onto greased or parchement lined cookie pan. 12 cookies per cookie pan.
Bake cookies in a preheated oven until brown around the edges 8-9 min. Keep an eye on them. Let the cookies cool completely before removing from the pan.

Once the cookies are cool, dip each one in the glaze, (recipe below), let cool and dip a second time if you have any glaze left (this  2nd step is not necessary but.... you don't want to throw out any leftover glaze... right?)

Clementine Glaze

What I did was: I took 2 clementines and pulverised them with a vertical wand.
At first I thought I would use the juice to make the glaze, then I thought why not use the pulp.

Well, I did. I still had to use +/- 2 tbsp of the juice.
The glaze has lumps of pulp in it. It's great.

So:
1 cup of icing sugar
The pulp from 2 clementines + 1 or 2 tbsp of the juice. (Drink the rest) 

The glaze will be more liquid than not.
Once the cookies are cool, dunk each one face down and let drip on the cookie pan. Cool and dunk the second time if wanted.

Enjoy
JMSK

this recipe was adapted from Sour Cream Cookies


Hi there, as was mentioned on the original blog from which I took this recipe "These cookies will soon become a family favorite" Boy were they right. I made them again, same recipe, but I changed the cardamom for nutmeg ang the clementine icing or blueberry icing.




No comments:

Post a Comment