Saturday, November 28, 2015

Spice mix for chicken

This morning, I made 3 Chicken Pot Pies. As I surfed the web searching for which spices to use I was surprised not to find any.

So, I decided to search further, I can across several spice mixes on this site, www.allrecipes.ca . I've often cunsulted this cooking site in the past and find they have great recipes.

Naturally I found what I was looking for, "Mélange d'épices pour poulet" or if you prefer, Spice Mix for Chicken. There are also several other spice mixes. I prefer by far to make my own mix than to buy ready and often too salty made spice mixes.

I slightly modified it to make it a bit less salty to my taste.

1.5 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of dry basil
1 tsp of dry rosemarry
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of mustard powder
1/2 tsp of paprika (I used smoked)
1/2 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of thyme
1/4 tsp of celery seeds (I didn't have any)
1/4 tsp of dried parsley (I used 2 tbsp fresh)
1/8 tsp of cumin
1/8 tsp of Cayenne
1/8 tsp of powdered chicken base (didn't use too salty) 

Mix well and keep in a tight spice jar. Gives about 5-6 tbsp in all. 
The Rosemarry is the one we taste the most, reduce to half quantity if you don't like Rosemarry.

I would rub a chicken breast (no skin) with this. I would stuff it under the skin of a chicken. I used it in my Pot Pie mix this morning. 

Enjoy

J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment