Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Single & Double serving desserts

Well, well, well......... Let's go straight to the point......... Chocolate.
Now that I have your attention......

I have three little individual portion desserts to share with you.
If any of you live alone and (as myself) do not want an 8 or 10 or 12 (even worse) portion dessert to eat, I have just what you need.

All three of these have been tried and tested and some variations applied.


Intense Brownie, 2 portions
(my changes)

2 tbsp of flour
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of cocoa powder
1/8 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of vanilla
3 tbsp of sour cream
1 tbsp of milk (soya milk)
1 oz of semi-sweet chocolate broken in pieces (chocolat chips, of any kind)

In a 2 cup measuring cup mix well flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Add vanilla, sour cream and milk. Stir until well blended, no more. Add chocolate, give 1-2 stirs.
Pour into two buttered ramekin and cook in microwave 1 min each. Do one at a time.
Let rest for 1 min before you eat.

Chocolat chip minute cookie, 1 portion*

1 tbsp of melted butter
1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp of flour
1 tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a coffee cup (not a mug) mix well first 4 ingredients. Add flour and chocolate.
Cook in the mix cup 40 seconds, let rest one minute.

* I found this one heavy in texture and taste, so I did it again my way. I added 1 tbsp of orange juice and brought up the cooking time by 5 seconds extra. Was better but not my favorite. My favorite is next.

Soft chocolat hazelnut cake - 2 portions

1 egg
3 tbsp of sugar
Imagine a melting scoop of vanilla icecream beside
3 tbsp of milk
3 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp of chocolate spread (Nutella, look on my blog for my own recipe)
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp of baking powder
3 tbsp of cocoa powder

In a 2 cup measuring cup mix well egg, sugar and milk, oil and chocolate spread. Add flour, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix well.
Pour into two buttered ramekin and cook in microwave 1 min each. Do one at a time.
Let rest 1 min after cooked.

Now, I've done this one 3 times. Using the same measurements, use soya or chocolate milk instead of regular. Use almond butter instead of chocolate spread.

All three of these come from Coup de Pouce February 2014.
There are two other recipes on the liste which I haven't tried yet. Keep your eyes on my blog, I will add them later.

Enjoy. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment